Congratulations! You have made the exciting decision to pursue a career as a qualified phlebotomist. So, how can you become the best phlebotomist possible? This website provides an educational guide to help you. The enlighten news is that people who have been certified through phlebotomy training program are in a hugh demand which means your chances of getting a job as a phlebotomist are fantastic.
Becoming a Phlebotomist, as a career, has so many benefits from flexible working hours, good working conditions, and of course, it is highly respected in the community. A certificated phlebotomist brings many opportunities across the health profession. You can work with all types of patients, from newborns to the elderly.
We encourage you to take your time to read how to become a phlebotomist overview guide below to find out about basic requirements, externships and training programs to becoming a qualified phlebotomist. We also would like to inspire you to browse through our website and take a closer look at specific aspects of becoming a certified phlebotomist. You can view pages dedicated to each topic below:
- Phlebotomist Requirements
- Phlebotomist Training cost
- Phlebotomist Responsibilities
- phlebotomist Job Opportunities
- Phlebotomist Technician Programs
Phlebotomist Education Requirements
Phlebotomist Requirements do vary from state to state but the national basic requirements are fairly similar. They are as follows:
- Students must have High School Diploma or GED
- Students must be 18 years of age, not just for the training but licensure and certification too
- Students must have sufficient English verbal and written communication skills
- Students must have adequate vision to enable them to pay attention to detail.
- Students must have good Hand – eye coordination as well as fingerity.
- Students must not have a criminal record
For a more in depth guide on what is required to obtain your phlebotomist licence, check out our how to become a Phlebotomist Requirements page.
What Will You Gain From a Phlebotomist Technician Program
A Phlebotomist technician program you require also depends on some important factors such as clinical hours, externship and more. We have listed below the extent of practical you will need in order to obtain your licence. To find out more about the different aspects click the links below:
- You will Be able to show professional communication and interpersonal skills
- You will be able to talk about how to become a phlebotomist and relate it in the health care profession
- You will be able to identify anatomy and physiology
- You will be gain great knowledge of phlebotomist supplies
- You will be able to demonstrate phlebotomist skills
- You will be able to practice infection control
- You will understand the transporting procedures
- You will successfully complete externship hours
Where can you work as a Phlebotomist?
A phlebotomist will work in a place where patients need to have tests carried out for diseases, illnesses and other medical conditions. The most common places include:
- Outpatients Clinics
- Physicians Offices
- Convenient/Urgent Care Companies
- Home Health Care Faculties
Phlebotomist Educational Schools
Phlebotomist coaching community college or a trade schools are in most states that will take you by the hand though each stage including theory and prepare you for the exam. While these colleges and trade schools are not always cheap, however prices very from state to state.
All phlebotomist coaching community colleges do make the entire process of attending Phlebotomist I, Phlebotomist II and Phlebotomist III externship much easier. Most phlebotomist trade schools don’t have hands on work such as externships. We encourage you to take a detailed look at phlebotomist technician programs and costs.
We have gone into more in depth information about how to become a certified phlebotomist. We recommend you continue to familiarize yourself better on the requirements and other supporting information to prepare you for becoming a phlebotomist.
- Phlebotomist Requirements
- Phlebotomist Interview Questions
- Phlebotomist Training Cost
- Phlebotomist Training Program
- Phlebotomist Certification
- Phlebotomist Salaries
- Online Phlebotomist Training
- Phlebotomisist Job Opportunities
- Phlebotomist Equipment
National Center for Competency Testing - http://www.ncctinc.com